NDIS funding to have a good life
The NDIS helps people with communication disability to fund the supports they need to achieve their goals and to have a good life.
The application form for NDIS services will ask for evidence about the disability and information about the impacts on your whole life.
You can provide information and evidence about the following.
Your individual needs
- Do I have significant difficulties speaking, writing, using sign language or body language to express myself?
- Do I have significant difficulties understanding others?
- Are communication difficulties a barrier to completing daily activities?
- Do I need help to communicate with others in my life?
- Is my communication limited compared to other people I know?
- Does my communication limit my learning or my self-care?
- Do I have other disabilities: vision, hearing, mobility?
The impacts on your life
- Is my communication impacting socialising and self-determination?
- Is my communication impacting what I do, my learning, my social life, my wellbeing?
- Do I have the level of autonomy I want?
- Does communication stop me learning life skills?
- Are there specific communication barriers to my independence?
- Does my communication impact my moods, my mental health?
- Does my communication mean I am more vulnerable to abuse or discrimination?
What you need to have a good life
- What goals would I like to focus on now?
- What do I want to work toward longer term in education and work?
- What training or support for my communication partners would support my goals?
- What therapies and other services will help me the most now?
- What equipment or technology would be helpful?
- Do I need help to advocate for my rights?
- What could help me work or study?
- What else would help me enjoy life, build relationships and achieve my goals?